tisdag 4 september 2018

180531 ORDERING A STEALTH 1000W

After some thoughts about using my car when going to work I came to the conclusion that I wanted to make a try to travel to work with an E-bike.
When I looked at the prices I was shocked!!!!
A "nice" E-bike costs more than a good used car.........

I searched around on the net and I found something very interesting :-)
The Stealth 1000w from Cyclotricity.
I searched for comments from users and found some negative and some positive feedback about this bike.

+ Sold as a legal 250W E-bike and can be restricted to 1000w in a simple way.
+ Value for money. A lot of bike for small money.
+Powerful battery

- Shitty brakes.
- Shitty pedals.
- Low quality

I got stuck on the 1000w :-)

It took me some days and then I ordered one from Cykel och Skidexperten in Malmö. The price was 15 000 Swedish kronor.

Then it started...........

I was promised 7-10 days delivery time.
To make a long story short............... It took 1 month and a lot of calls to get the bike.
The good thing was that I was promised to get a thumb throttle for free later on :-)





I looked at the wiring and cable ties. It looked bad :-(



Thats not how you cut cable ties!!!
I also had to rewire some cables to avoid wear on them.
But...... the bike looks cool!!!
The first thing I did was to put on mudguards. 100 Sek at Biltema :-)

After this I started to use it to work. I have 24km to work. I just used it for a couple of days before going on summer vacation.

It is niiiice!!! The motor makes a nasty noice between 20-23km/h but this is "normal" according to what I found on the net..... I will investigate it further later on.......

It is so nice to avoid the cars, cues and stress :-)



Total cost so far:

Price 15 000 Sek-Refund from the swedish gouvernment 3500kr= 11500kr

Mudguard 100 Sek
Lock 50 Sek
Parts total: 150Sek

#stealth 1000w Cyclotricity

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar

220626 - 10 000km!!!!

 My bike has now worked for 10 000km. This is  a big milestone!! I now look at the bike as "paid of". From now on I ride very chea...